Sunday 6 December 2009

Advent calender


I bought a lovely traditional German advent calender from the Battersea car boot last month, where each day you push a new character into the picture. However, I didn't realise at the time that it actually starts on the 6th of December, which is celebrated as St Nicholas Day in Germany. So finally I have been able to start the calender today so it really feels like Christmas now!

I've also been busy making Christmas cards at the moment, I have a bit of a graphic look going on inspired by some mirrored card I bought in the art shop at Chelsea college when I was there for a project last week. Only 30 more cards to go ; ) it seems a bit crazy making them when there are thousands of styles in the shops, but everyone always comments on how nice it is to receive them and I like to create something unique and handmade.

No comments:

Post a Comment