Someone was a little spoilt yesterday....although this is kind of her first Christmas as last year she was only 5 weeks old! Dressed in a cute reindeer outfit and santa socks (surely that's obligatory!).
Monday, 26 December 2011
Monday, 19 December 2011
We are so lucky to have such creative family and friends, and I had to share some of Lily's beautiful presents from her 1st birthday. Thank you everyone!
1) Hand-sewn cushion in Ikea heart fabric and appliqued 'Lily' felt detail, with her date of birth appliqued on the reverse. Also in the left corner of the picture is a screen-printed cushion cover from Robin & Mould that I bought for her on etsy (and have yet to find a pad small enough to fit it!).
2) A beautiful Old MacDonald cross-stitch picture with Lily's name and DOB intricately hand-stitched by Lily's Auntie (made with a lot of love and over 280 hours of work!).
3) Hand-painted wooden trinket box in the style of a Bermudian house - bought back from Bermuda where her other Auntie lives.
4) Hello Kitty toy knitted by her very talented Nanna.
5) Hand-made rabbit in Cath Kidston fabric, with a little monogrammed 'L' pocket. See close-ups and other toys made by my friend for our baby buddies on her blog.
6) Hand-drawn 'Lily' name plate with images of objects beginning with 'L'!
7) Fabric balloons in Liberty print off-cuts and card bows made by me for Lily's friends.
8) Hand-painted ceramic piggy bank bought from a little craft market in Crystal Palace.
9)We picked up this gorgeous 'Rock Out' rocking horse screen-print by Kay Vincent yesterday at the Dulwich College farmers market, for a late birthday/early Christmas gift!
Friday, 16 December 2011
More sneaky peaks from a weekend stay with friends in their beautifully-designed house. I love the delicate muted colour palettes and thoughtfully-placed objects. See my earlier post here for patterns, textures and print details.
Thursday, 8 December 2011
Wow, the most beautiful (virtual) advent calender I've ever seen. Found on one of my favourite blogs Ungtblog, it was one of those moments where I just HAD to post it immediately! So inspiring. Count down to Christmas with Finnish designer Hanna Konola's Joulukalenteri here.
Tuesday, 6 December 2011
Friday, 2 December 2011
A little trip east to the Museum of Childhood for the Magic Worlds exhibition. Not quite as mystical and 'enchanted forest' as I had hoped for (although I'm sure it is to a 4 year old!), but some really lovely games packaging, intricate illustrations and retro toys and puppets.
Wednesday, 30 November 2011
Sunday, 27 November 2011
I love Material Teddy, an inspiring project by recent Design Academy Eindhoven graduate Makikio Shinoda. It combines my love for material exploration and anything baby-related and is such a beautifully crafted object. I would love to have one for L!
"Material Teddy is made of various untreated natural materials that allow children to play and stimulate their senses to encourage the development of a healthy and balanced cognitive system. It reintroduces children to a rich sensory experience by stimulating the five senses". Images and text from Makiko Shinoda's website.