Tuesday 22 May 2012

Skip Sisters










On Sunday I had a little wander around the streets of SE22 for the Dulwich Artists' Open House, where artists, designers and creatives open either their studios or a room in their home to show, and often sell, their work. I came across some really inspiring and creative people, and will share three of my favourites.

First up are the Skip Sisters; a group of five women who salvage and rescue objects from landfill and use them as raw materials to create new products. I particularly liked the quirky cake stands, the use of old tennis rackets to display jewellery, and the hooks made with toy blocks or old packaging.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, what a lovely blog you have. Sounds like great fun, I love the wooden blocks with hooks. Such clever ideas. x

    ReplyDelete