Wednesday 3 July 2013

Moving onto something new: Magpie&Hen


So, incase anyone still reads my poor neglected blog, I thought I'd update you on what I'm up to. Unfortunately, I slowly got out of the habit of writing new blog posts, primarily due to time, but also because of my new obsession with Instagram and the speed of just snapping and posting a quick image from my phone whenever and wherever.

But I have been squirreling away for the past few months with a new exciting venture, and have now opened an Etsy shop, selling vintage kids toys, books, puzzles, clothes and textiles. This has been a passion of mine for a long time, and I have thrifted, hoarded and collected so many beautiful items that we just don't have room for them so I am (reluctantly) selling many of them.

The name Magpie&Hen combines my love of collecting/thrifting/searching for treasures with the fact that the items are, mainly, for children (referencing 'Mother Hen'). I am using my trained eye from a background in textile design and trend forecasting to bring an edited selection of vintage and retro objects that are often decorative or graphic, handmade and unusual, illustrative and nostalgic.

Please take a look over at my shop and see what treasures you can find (and remember from your childhood). And thanks for following Postcards from Battersea. For now, goodbye!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! I'm Heather and I have a question about your blog that I was hoping you could answer! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    like your blog

    I live and work in Battersea

    Battersea is busy city

    I am working as Man With Van in Battersea


    Man and Van Reigate


    I have big van and its clean and i have lot of straps and blanks to protect your stuff.

    I am hard working and help with loading and unloading too.

    So if you need help with moving please remember my website

    http://www.removalsmanvanhire.com/man-van-hire-battersea.html

    Call 07894536780

    I can provide Moving Boxes - I have Tool Box i can disassemble furniture or washing machine etc

    Removal Van Battersea, Removals Van Battersea Removal Company Battersea Man with Van Battersea Moving Company Battersea Moving Home Battersea Moving Help Battersea man and van Battersea, flat removals Battersea, House removals Battersea, small removals Battersea, man with van hire Battersea,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, would love to follow your instagram page. Send me the link. Have a look at our custom wallpaper for home on our website : http://www.wallsandmurals.com/
    and an exclusive collection of kids wallpaper being done on eco-friendly green wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete